As I prepare for our new online classes and gatherings starting in June, I thought it helpful to share some guiding principles for followers of our Yoga Community
Wherever we are on life’s path, we can open ourselves to new insights and awaken to a new way of expanded being.
These principles come from the steps to find your Middle Ground that I have posted previously. As I was summarizing, I noticed that each topic title started with letters that formed the word Prana.
In yoga, Prana is the life energy that is within us all, and in all living things. It comes from what one might call Source, the Divine, God or the Universe. It is present until the day we leave our bodies and it returns to the universal life energy. In our yoga practice we breathe and move the Prana within us. This practice is called Pranayama. It is energizing yet healing and calming.
Middle Ground Principles
- PAUSE – Be present to the moment right now. Practice mindful awareness and develop witness consciousness without judgment.
- REFLECT – Take time for self inquiry. Be curious to seek clarity and truth. Explore and understand your inner world. Question the outer world.
- ACCEPT – Allow the moment to unfold just as it is, and the energy to flow. Resistance brings contraction and suffering. Acceptance brings healing and opens up possibilities.
- NURTURE – Develop self compassion, loving kindness and generosity of spirit. Nurture heart centered living and honor your higher self. Here you will find peace for yourself and can share it with the world.
- AWAKEN – With practice, realize you are not small and separate, but are part of something immense and wonderful. Break free of the ego mind and wake up to the Source, Presence and Love that is always around you and within you. Live life from the center of your being and trust in this deep knowing.
Thank you for being here.