In my years of practicing and teaching yoga I have found it to be a wonderful metaphor for life.
When practicing yoga I have learned so much about myself, life and living fully. My practice takes me to my Middle Ground. It centers me, rejuvenates, nourishes and makes me feel alive and connected to my higher Self.
- Like life, in yoga we tune in to our mind, body and soul connection
- Like life, in yoga we learn to find the balance between holding tight and letting go
- Like life, in yoga we learn to accept ourselves just the way we are
- Like life, in yoga we understand the difference between strength and courage
- Like life, in yoga we learn to face our challenges in the present moment
- Like life, in yoga we learn to soften into resistance and be more flexible
- Like life, in yoga we learn to breathe deeply to release tension and ride the waves of highs and lows
- Like life, in yoga we realize that bending over backwards doesn’t always serve us…
- And yes, like life, yoga doesn’t have to be taken so seriously!