I came across this list in a training manual for helping people manage their stress. I’m not sure who the originator is, but I would like to acknowledge Dr Laura Belsten and the Institute for Social + Emotional Intelligence for sharing it. Good stuff 🙂
- Accept that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
- Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
- Drive carefully. Its not only cars that can be recalled to their maker.
- If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Since its the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
- When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
- Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
- We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all live in the same box.
So much wisdom for navigating life!
#7 caught my attention this morning…. Have fun with these 😎